New Year, new blog series I thought it would be cool to share with you my top 5 lipsticks according to shades. Today I’m going to share with you my top 5 nude lipsticks, all available in South Africa.
Starting off with the first shade on the left;
- Maybelline Bold Matte (R135) in MAT7 this was one of my first nude matte shades and is still one of my favourite. The shade is a brown toned nude that lasts all day on the lips as it leaves a stain. The formula is more of a velvet finish and isn’t drying at all.
- Tom Ford (+- R500) in 13 Blush Nude this has to be my most splurged lipstick I own and I absolutely love the shade I chose. A lovely creamy pink nude that is super moisturizing and not too glossy. Being more of a creamy formula it isn’t long lasting. Is it worth the buck? That is a hard one, I bought it on sale and I doubt I could justify spending R500 on a lipstick when I can buy EL Double Wear foundation for that price :/
3. Wet n Wild (R40) in Bare it All, as I have mentioned before this is a full on dupe for MAC Velvet Teddy. This is one of my most reached for nudes, it has a terracotta undertone is matte and long lasting. My only gripe with these Wet n Wild lipsticks are the bullet, the shape is round as apposed to having a point which I find quite hard to use.
4. Rimmel Kate Moss (R100) in shade 03. I absolutely love all the RimmelxKateMoss shades no matter the formula whether it is the matte version we don’t get here in South Africa or the super glossy nude range I find it easy to pick out shades that I adore. Today the shade I am talking about is 03 which is the first shade I discovered we actually get here in South Africa. This is a cool toned nude that is a demi matte and lasts fairly long without needing to be retouched.
5. Avon Matte (R70) in shade Au Naturale, as if you haven’t gotten tired of me harping on about the Avon Matte range enough in this post I am here to tell you one of my most favourite shades is their nude offering. I would say this is more of a cool toned, orangey nude that suits so many skin tones and has the most amazing velvet matte consistency that is non drying and super pigmented. These Avon lipsticks also are so long wearing, highly recommend such great value for money!
What are your favourite Nude lipsticks are any of them the same as mine?