*A version of this review was previously posted in collaboration with Becoming You blog.
Kiehl’s midnight recovery is A replenishing nighttime oil that visibly restores the appearance of skin by morning. It does this by working with the skins natural nocturnal/evening activity, which is when the skin is most receptive. Its 99.8% naturally-derived and paraben free. This form part of the Kiehl’s oil range with a pipet, the range also consists of a dark spot corrector, which is so next on my list (If you want to read a review on this here is Kath’s review)
I’m sure my now you’re all aware of my skin type but in case you’re new around these parts, I have an oily T-Zone and dehydrated cheeks as well as quite prominent pores around my nose and chin. I have been using this for about a week now and my skin’s texture has definitely changed it’s smoother and has a lot more hydrated. The tube recommends 2-3 drops at night to cleansed skin, 2 drops is more than enough. When the oil warms up in the hands its easy to spread across the face which means this will last me for so long!
It smells for lack of a better word herbal which is mainly down to the essential oils; Lavender, Evening Primrose and Citrinellol. The scent doesn’t linger so if you’re not a fan of that smell – as soon as it has sunk in you don’t even notice it.
As with all of Kiehl’s products I have tried it feels luxurorius and that you’re really giving your skin a treat. I absolutely have been loving using this and can’t wait to try the dark spot corrector especially now that I’m no longer afraid to spend them cash dollar bills no more!
I came across these extra tips for using Midnight Recovery, which just makes me love the multi-purpose product even more!
- For dry hands: Add a few drops to your hand cream and massage palms thoroughly, rubbing into cuticles and knuckles.
- For dry skin on heels and elbows: Mix 2-3 drops into your body cream before you apply for extra nourishment, especially during the winter months.
- For a spa-like bathing experience: Add several drops to your bathwater and enjoy the soothing lavender scent.
- For relieving stress: Warm 2-3 drops on fingertips and gently massage at temples, inhaling the calming scent.
- To soothe minor sunburn: Use Midnight Recovery Concentrate on affected areas after sun exposure every night until burn subsides.
Have you tried any of the Kiehl’s oils if so what are your thoughts?