When it comes to manicure and pedicure time I have always been the person that goes all out – a bucket of warm water to soak the toes in, no steps missed. This definitely has to do with my mom being a beautician, we always had a drawer full of all the tools and I guess as I watched her take care of her own hands and feet I learnt how to look after my own.
I thought I’d give you the low down of my at home manicure and pedicure routine and the products I use.
- Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover – this is the best cuticle remover I have ever used. All you do is apply a little around each cuticle by the time you have done all 10 you can start using the next two tools:
- Sally Hansen Cuticle Cutters
- Sorbet Cuticle Pusher – this is such a great cuticle pusher because its two sided; a cuticle pusher and a cuticle knife.
- Sally Hansen Triple Strong Base Coat/Treatment – Although this is a strengthener I have noticed its helped a lot with nail growth too so thats a bonus!
- *after using the colour of your choice* Essence Gel Top Coat – hands down my most favourite top coat ever it leaves your nails looking like you have just left the salon and don’t get me started on the staying power. If you don’t have this please go buy it, thank you.
- Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil – This smells amazing and a little goes a long way. Cuticle Oil some how makes your nail polish dry faster not sure the science behind this but it works.
I usually take a bucket/bowl filled with warm water and soak my toes or hands before doing all of the above.
Do you also go all out with your Mani’s and Pedi’s or are you more of a quick paint and go type of girl?