I can’t believe we have come to the end of my 5 favourite lipsticks.. Have you read my 5 favourite nude and 5 favourite red lipsticks posts? Today has to be one of my most favourite shades, dark lipsticks. I pretty much live in dark lips during the winter and pretty much whenever I get a chance. All of these shades are available in South Africa and all of them are super affordable.
- Starting off with again my most favourite matte formula Avon matte lipstick in shade Superb Wine. I am pretty sure you guys are so tired of me harping on and on about this but what can I say they’re my favourites and are available in so many shade, so basically soz :p R80, the most amazing formula and the shade is a gorgeous long lasting berry shade.
- Wet n Wild Sugar Plum Fairy (+- R40) this is meant to be a duper for MAC rebel, which I don’t own so I can’t confirm this but what I can tell you is this such an awesome shade and formula. You will have noticed one of my favourite nude shades was also a Wet n Wild shade. That’s because the Wet n Wild lipsticks are great value for money, come in so many shades and are so darn affordable. My only gripe with them is the bullet shape, I always line my lips prior to using them I find this easier and less messy especially as the bullet is round/oval I seem to make more of a mess if I don’t line my lips.
- Maybelline Colour Sensational in Midnight Plum (R110) the formula of this is completely different to the other four in this post, it’s the most moisturising and the most sheer with a slight sheen. It of course can be built up but I like that there is the option of having a very sheer wash of colour should you wish to. As it is more of a sheer formula it doesn’t last very long on the lips.
- Essence 24 Velvet Matte (+- R40) I absolutely love this shade from Essence, even though it’s a matte lipstick it isn’t drying at all. It can be built up to a darker shade or one swipe for a light berry shade. My most favourite feature of this formula is that it stains the lips to a gorgeous fuchsia shade which mean if you don’t have time for touch ups your lips will look like this at the end of the day.
- Revlon Black Cherry (+- R120) this has to be one of my all time favourite dark lipsticks, it has the most amazing formula in that it isn’t matte or glossy but is inbetween although its in between it doesn’t bleed outside the lip line and lasts all day! It’s super pigmented and unlike the other shades in this post it has more of a brown undertone. Such a winner!
..and just like that we are at the end of my lipstick top 5 series. I know there are a few shades missing eg my top 5 corals and top 5 pinks, let me know if you would like me to go through those as well? What are your favourite dark lipsticks?